Have you resolved to do couponing? Have you decided to save a lot of money from coupons? Well, I am sure the first question you have in mind is where you can get them. You can subscribe on the Sunday paper, you can also order them from coupon-clipping services or the eBay. The good news is that you can still get coupons at no charge. How? Consider the following ideas:
· Ask relatives and friends for extra coupon inserts. Don’t get surprised when you find out that your friends or relatives don’t use their coupons from their paper. Most of the time they throw the coupon inserts because they think that they are of no use. Grab this opportunity! Stop at the joint where most people read their newspapers, for example, McDonald’s. Some customer read and leave it in these joints. You can pass by and collect discount vouchers from these extra papers left by customers. You can be lucky if you have a friend who works in those places, they can collect them for you.
· Connect to the source by friending an individual who delivers papers. Though in some areas it is not allowed, you can consider to have the leftover newspapers and coupons inserts from the person who delivers them.
· Think of trading coupons. You can exchange deals with someone who has what you need and he doesn’t. You can do it with people in your vicinity or be a member of online coupon trading forums.
· Your local library may turn out to be a great asset to you. Libraries do have newspaper subscriptions. Request them and they can give you the coupons from the newspapers and magazines.
· Dumpster diving could be a secret to getting bargains too. It sounds pathetic and new to you? You can look for clean newspaper recycling containers and be sure to find coupon inserts there.
· So now you have gotten yourself all those promotional offers; you need some beginner’s tips to get you started. Here are my tips:
· Remember that coupons expire and so you need to use them before expiration date. They also come along with some restrictions such as brand, make, quantity and size which need to be adhered to.
· Go for discount websites that match sales with coupons while shopping. Be sure to have all the work done by them. In any sales, they will find any coupons that accompany it.
· Coupons come in newspaper and mail. An insert referred to as the Red Plum (RP) is the main mailer. You can still find it on the Sunday paper in some areas. Smart Source (SS) is also found on the Sunday paper. In the first paper of the month, you will find Proctor and Gamble (PG). BOGO which means, Buy One Get One free and MM which means Money Maker are found as side notes. Look at the items that have coupons to go with and buy them in multiples.
· Have a huge stock of the products that are low in price; this is how you will save a lot of money from coupons. If you want to fully understand the trend of couponing, start with one store in your neighborhood. Make yourself familiar with the clearance section, restrictions and the reward programs. If you master that one, you can extend your mastery to other stores and so on.
· Be frugal on how you spend. Be watchful not to get broke in the name of saving. Do not just go for every single deal you stumble on the way and spend all your day there couponing. Staying much on the grocery can tempt you to spend much, those small purchases can really add up.
Maximize Their Value
So you have looked for coupons from Sunday papers, printed others online or any other source, how do you save money from them? Organize your coupons. In an organized manner, place your coupons in the various folders, for instance, from the food types, you could have a frozen food folder, beverages folder, cereal folder and so on. Be sure to check the expiration date as you arrange them. This will save you from not saving on an expired deal.
Familiarize yourself with the policies of your supermarkets. Which supermarket is generous with its coupon policy? Which ones do or don’t accept any printed vouchers from the internet? Which ones have those days that the value of a coupon will double up? Which ones can allow you to use both their promo and manufacturer’s coupon on a single item? From this evaluation, you will be able to spot the opportunity for saving more from your deals.
Analyze the circular of your store. Be sure to scrutinize the sale items that can be matched with deals from your store. This way, you will be able to plan your menu considering that you can enjoy discounted foods during a certain period in the store. You can save money from bargains by getting extra coupons from manufacturers of the products you purchase. Just praise the product and request them to deliver coupons in writing, you will definitely make them give you extra coupons.